The greatest benefit of making a planned gift is your partnership in the mission of the Comboni Missionaries.
- You help lay the foundation upon which we are building up the church in Africa, Latin America, Asia, and a number of Hispanic communities in North America.
- Creating or revising your estate plans perpetuates the values you hold close to your heart during your lifetime.
- Most people can never do as much as they would like for their favorite cause during their lifetimes but everyone can do something through their will.
Commonly Used Planned Gifts
Will: Providing in your will a bequest of cash, securities, or personal property to the Comboni Missionaries is the most common type of estate gift. Such gifts are not subject to federal estate tax.
- Specific bequest: After the final expenses are carefully met, the Comboni Missionaries receive a restricted gift. For example, cash or stock.
- Percentage bequest: AFter the final expenses are paid and the specific bequests are made the Comboni Missionaries received a percentage of the adjusted gross estate.
- Residual bequest: After all expenses and specific bequests are satisfied, the Comboni Missionaries receive all or a portion of the remaining assets.
- Contingency bequest: If it is not possible to meet one of the primary intentions of your will, for example, if your spouse passes away before you, the Comboni Missionaries receive the remainder of your estate.
Life Insurance or Retirement Benefits: The Comboni Mississionaries may be designated as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy or a retirement plan. The income taxes which would otherwise be payable due to distribution after your death on retirement benefits are completely avoided if such benefits are payable to the Comboni Missionaries.
Gift Annuities: A charitable gift annuity and deferred payment gift annuity are similar to remainder trusts. These tools do NOT require the establishment of a separate trust and are especially suited for smaller gifts.
Charitable Remainder Trusts: Establishing an irrevocable trust provides an annual income to you or another person for a certain period of time. It is an effective way to make a gift while providing tax savings. Such trusts may also be set up by the donor’s will directing income to another person for life or a period of years followed by the principal coming to the Comboni Missionaries.
Charitable Lead Trusts: You may choose to set up a trust that pays income annually to the Comboni Missionaries for a fixed period of years. After that time the principal of the trust reverts to you or to another person (often children or grandchildren). The trust can be structured to produce a significant tax saving for your estate. In addition, the trust can be structured and administered so the income paid to the Comboni Missionaries is not taxable to you.
Your attorney and tax advisor should assist you in determining which avenue of giving is best for you and your family.
Our Legal Name and Address:
United States: Comboni Missionaries of the Heart of Jesus, North American Province 1318 Nagel Road Cincinnati OH 45255
Canada: Comboni Missionaries of the Heart of Jesus, 148 Madison Avenue South, Kitchener, ON N2G3M6
For More Information
Please contact Heather Kaufman, Director of Development at: 513-474-4997 or firstname.lastname@example.org